With less knowledge, one can make his blog live easily with inbuilt Blogger custom Settings and the Investment on Blogger/ Blogspot blogs is nearly Zero and returns are High.
Custom Domain gives your blog a professional touch and it just cost 2-3$ in Godaddy.
Why you should move to Custom Domain in Blogger:
There are many benefits on Moving your blogspot blog to Custom Domain and I managed to top these 3 factors. so, Here we go.
Note: Skip this part if you are in a Hurry to setup Blogger custom domain in Godaddy.
#1. Improves Branding & Trustworthy:
#2. Email with Custom Domain:
Once you move on to Custom domain, you can also get free email with custom Domain.
#3. Domain Analytics:
How to Setup a Custom Domain for Blogger/Blogspot Blog in Godaddy:
I would like to make it so simple. So I divide the Setup into 2 Parts. One is Blogspot part and the other is Godaddy Part. But remember, don't ever close any of it untill both of them are completed.
Select a Brandable domain name and search in Godaddy if it's available or not. If available, then register domain from Godaddy.
If you are using Godaddy for the first time then feel free to use this Godaddy 99 cent domain code.
Quick Settings on Blogspot part:
3. Click on Setup a Third Party URL for your blog option as shown above.
4. Now you will see Third Party domain settings. Enter your Custom domain name which you just bought from Godaddy and Hit the Save Button.
6. I expect you have gone through every step without a skip. Once you hit the Setting Instructions link then you will be forwarded to Google support page.
7. Scroll down and select Top Domain Option and you will find 4 Blogger IP addresses, save them for the future purpose.
Quick Settings on Godaddy Part:
1. Now lets head to Godaddy Account page and move on to Domains--> Manage DNS. It will display the DNS Records page of your domain.
2. In the Records page you will find pre-installed A and CNAME Records. Now you have to replace the IP's under Column A.
3. Now repeat the process and fill all the 4 IP addresses like above. Now A column is completed. If any extra A Records are present except you created then Remove them.
4. Now open your saved data of NAME,Host,Label details which you seen in the Blogspot part like www and ghs.google.com and the Target or Points to details and paste them like below.
5. Now Replace the CNAME as shown above. Now you should have Four 'A' Records and Four 'CNAME' records. (You can leave the FTP and Email CNAME records or you can Delete them if necessary). Other than them if any CNAME or A Records found, just remove them.
6. Now move on to Blogger Dashboard --> Settings--> Basic--> Publishing. Now click on the save option and it will show your custom domain name followed by redirects caption.
7. That's it you are all done. Wait for 24 hrs to use your Blogger custom Domain. Cheers!!
If you find any problem in the Godaddy Custom Domain setup, do share your queries in Comments. I will reach you ASAP.